Monday, July 21, 2008

jiangxi Ganju Opera: "The Centennial Love" - the video

I had recently blogged about Jiangsu Ganju "The Centennial Love", and guess what; I've found the complete show over 56.com!

The female lead of the show, Plum Award winner Chen Li's "shenduan" was  delicate, and she managed to effectively display and switch between different emotions. Not forgetting that it wasn't an easy feat for an actress to take on a role whose age spanned over 3-quarters of a century!

Now I'm trying to see if there's any way I can get hold of the original VCD or DVD of this show. It's certainly a must buy for me.










2 comments:

amai said...

Hey, I like the songs...very nice. If u manage to get a copy, I wanna watch yozz.

A.C. said...

I don't have any source for that original show, but I managed to download the videos from that site and made into a DVD. Of course, the quality is not as good as compared to even a regular VCD!